Thursday, October 3, 2013

Throwback Thursday #2/First top 10 list

For this weeks TBT, I decided instead of doing a personal throwback I would do a throwback that everyone could love and talk about.  Get your nostalgia ready guys.....


Yes, that is right.  This is going to be a throwback to all the 90's Nick shows we all adored and loved. This is also the start of my new top 10 series where I give my top 10 favorite of any given subject.  Without further ado, here is the list/TBT!

10. All That- Its sketch comedy for kids.  Our own version of SNL and they nailed it every time

9. Clarissa Explains It All- She broke the 4th wall by talking directly into the camera as if she was talking to us, that was cool by itself

8. Are You Afraid of the Dark?- This show genuinely scared me as a kid. It was tough to have to scare kids without making us cry into our Mommy's arms during the show, but they pulled it off perfectly

7. Angry Beavers- This show felt like the perfect showcase of what having an older or younger sibling was like using some of Nick's famous off-beat comedy

6. Ren & Stimpy- This show right here was hands down one of the most disturbing shows I have ever seen in my entire life.  Everything about the show just felt....nasty but I couldn't stop watching it.

5.The Wild Thornberrys- This was the first show that I ever watched that made it seem really cool to travel the world and see different things.  Also, who doesn't love Nigel?! BLARRRGHHHHHHHHHH

4. Rocket Power- This show was only on for three years but it was easily one of my favorites.  It showed off how a single parent (Raymundo) handled his two young kids who went out and did outrageous extreme sports stunts.  Twister was easily my favorite character and showed the rest of the world what a "bro" should be like.

3.Hey Arnold!- Arnold was bar none my favorite cartoon character from the Nickelodeon TV shows, he is just so damn likable.  They environment he was surrounded in and his friends made for some awesome episodes (Stoop kid anyone?!). Plus, find me a kid that didn't want to have Arnold's room growing up, I dare you.

2. Rugrats- This show ran for an amazing 13 years and had two movies come out.  Everything about this show is perfection.  The characters and how they developed over time felt natural and organic.  The two episodes that I remember to this day is the sky is falling episode and the episode where they shrink themselves to go inside Angelica because she swallowed a watermelon seed.

DRUM ROLL

Number One goes to.............................


1. Legends of the Hidden Temple: I know this isn't a cartoon or regular show but this show is sensational.  It is the one game show I begged to be on as a kid and I still wish to this day that I could be on it.  The show had everything, from physically climbing the Shrine of the Silver Monkey to having knowledge and listening skills to even having an element of chance when the temple guards who pop out of nowhere to slow you down.  I also thought Olmec was awesome and wanted to sit down and talk to him.


Being a kid in the 90's was pretty awesome to say the least but what about Disney? Someone thought of that http://mashable.com/2013/07/30/nickelodeon-vs-disney/

I hope you all had fun reading this, I surely had fun writing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment