Saturday, October 26, 2013

Top Ten Producers

In lieu of DJ Mag releasing their top 100 DJ's for 2013 (http://www.djmag.com/top100?year=2013), I decided I would do my own personal top 10 "DJ's".  Now these aren't based on top hits or concert sales etc, these are just my 10 favorite producers.


10. David Latour- This guy is on here because he produced my all time favorite EDM track to date (Venus vs Mars).  I actually don't know much of his other stuff but upon further research, it's awesome.  Everyone has their own "happy song" and Venus vs Mars just happens to mine



9. Cash Cash- These guys have picked up a lot of steam in my book recently.  Their song "Take Me Home" has been on repeat for seemingly days since I first heard it, same goes for their new song "Overtime".


8. Porter Robinson- 'Language' is one of the best sounding songs I have heard in the past two-three years. He doesn't have a lot of stuff released but what is released is of incredibly quality.



7. Daft Punk- These guys are legends.  The French duo took a break from music and came back better than ever with their new album this summer.  'Get Lucky' is one of the coolest songs of all time plus Niles Rodgers plays the guitar on the track


6. Madeon- He is awesome.  He only has a few songs out there but they are so catchy and lively.  He has done remixes with Deadmau5 and a slew of others too.  'The City' is actually my top most played on my iTunes!


5. Matisse & Sadko- This Russian duo is brand new but everything I have heard them put out is gold to my ears.  They have a hit single as well as two remixes that are just plain insane.  I am expecting bigger things to come from these guys.


4. Zedd- He is becoming huge REALLY, REALLY fast.  I keep hearing a few of his songs on the radio and people flock to see him perform.  Lady Gaga even had him produce her newest album.  My favorite song, however, isn't one of the more popular ones you will hear on the radio.


3. Krewella- This is a group of one guy and two sisters from the US.  The sisters voices in their songs are MASSIVE, they have huge voices and it makes for some incredibly epic songs.  They are also picking up some radio airplay too.


2. Calvin Harris- This guy right here, is simply one of the best.  I can safely say that I have never hated anything he has produced or collaborated with someone to produce.  He has one of the more unique sounding voices that is used in his tracks.  He does collaborations with Florence Welch, Ellie Goulding and Example to name a few.


1. Deadmau5- He was the producer on the first EDM song I ever heard.  He is one of the more outspoken producers of the EDM community and he usually catches a lot of flak for that but his fans love him for it, including myself.  His tracks range from dubstep (raise your weapon) to very deep, cerebral sounding tracks (the Veldt and Strobe).  He does collaborations with the likes of Imogen Heap, Gerrard Way (lead singer of My Chemical Romance).  Of course everyone knows his biggest song 'Ghosts n Stuff' but it is not even close to my favorite track of his.


There was a few producers who just finished outside my personal top ten: Audien, Swedish House Mafia, Eric Prydz, Nicky Romero, Sander van Doorn, Syn Cole, Tom Staar and Basto.

It has been a couple weeks since I posted a top ten so I hope you all enjoyed this.  Maybe, just maybe I turned you guys on to some new tunes for the Halloween party weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment